Appointment, Payment & Design
- What do I need to bring to my appointment? Yourself, ID, some food/sugary drink (calories don’t count on tattoo days).
- How do I make an appointment? Send me over an email with all the information you have about the tattoo you’d like and we’ll take it from there.
- This is my first tattoo and I’m scared, can I bring a friend? Yes, you’re allowed to bring a friend but they may not be able to sit with you during your tattoo, depending on how busy we are in the shop. It can get quite crowded.
- Can I see my design before I book? Unfortunately not, as designs are done in our own time, we don’t get paid for them. So it’s not possible for us to spend time designing a tattoo you may not get, or one you may go to another shop and get there instead.
- Do I get to see my design before I have it tattooed? Yes, of course. When you come in for your appointment, we’ll show you your design and check you’re happy. Any changes you wish to make can be done then too.
- Do you charge for touch ups? The first touch up is free, anything after that we charge our standard rate for. This may be different for cover ups as they often take a few sessions but if you send me a message, I’ll be able to advise.
- What are your rates? My rates can be found here.
- How do I pay my deposit? I accept cash, PayPal or bank transfer for deposits, whichever is easier for you.
- Do you accept card? Unfortunately we don’t have a card machine at the shop, so cash is recommend.
- What days do you work? Tuesday to Saturday, 11am onwards.
- What’s the best way to contact you? Email is the best way to contact me, I check it more regularly than social media and it’s easier to keep everything in one place.
- Do you do walk-ins? I’m typically booked up with appointments but if I do have space, I do accept walk-ins.
- What styles do you prefer to do? I love doing colour and black and grey realistic animals, but I also enjoy watercolour too.
- How far ahead are you booked? It varies throughout the year, but in the colder months I can usually fit you in within a couple of weeks. In the summer the wait is a bit longer depending on how long a session you need. Best thing to do is to email me at the time.
- Where are you based? Frome in Somerset. Address can be found here.
- Is there parking nearby? Yes, there are several car parks close by for varying durations of time.
- Do you have private rooms to tattoo from? Unfortunately not, but we do have a screen we can put up if you’re feeling really uncomfortable.
- Is your premises wheelchair friendly? Unfortunately not as we’re up a flight of stairs above another shop.
Miscellaneous Tattoo Questions
- Do you do cover ups? Yes, but it depends on what you currently have tattooed and what you’d like it covered with, as to whether or not I’ll be able to do it
- Can you tattoo over scarring? Yes, but it depends on the age and severity of the scar. Some designs work better than others as scarring can sometimes distort a tattoo, but I can discuss this with you.
- Is everything you use vegan? While we do our best to make sure that the majority of products we use are vegan, we cannot guarantee that they all are, unfortunately.
- I have a latex allergy, will that be an issue? No, we have latex free gloves we can use. Just make sure you mention it on your consent form.
- What do I need to do with my tattoo after it’s done? You’ll be given a comprehensive guide to looking after your tattoo, once it’s finished. You’ll also have the option of purchasing an aftercare pack and balm to help you take care of it. Other information can be found here.
- Where’s the most painful part to get tattooed? It’s hard to say as everyone is different but generally it tends to be areas that are more ticklish that tend to hurt more i.e. ribs, armpits, feet.
- How long do I need to leave between tattoo sessions? We recommend a minimum of two weeks so that the flakiness has gone and the skin is near enough back to normal. This can take slightly longer for some people.
- What’s the cheapest tattoo I can get? We generally have a minimum charge of £50, this is to cover our costs of setting up etc. On flash days, there may be cheaper offers.
Vouchers & Prints
- Do you do vouchers? Yes I do, you can either buy one from my shop for a set amount, or if you’d like a custom amount just send me a message and I’ll sort it out for you.
- Do you sell prints of your work? Yes I do, they’re available on my shop.
- Do you take commissions? Yes, if you send me an email with what you’d like, how big and any pictures and I’ll get back to you.
If you have anything else youd like to ask, then please feel free to send me an email, and I’ll do my best to help.