The Great British summer is here and that means two things: beer gardens and scantily clad people! As fun as it is to bare all and bask in the brief wave of sunshine, there are a few things to consider if you’re looking to get tattooed any time soon.
Caring for your skin before getting a tattoo will make the whole process much easier and faster for us, meaning potentially less money for you!
Here’s some advice on summer tattoo preparation :
• Stay hydrated – now this applies to getting a tattoo at any time of year, but the summer heat and drinking activities dry your skin out even more, so it’s important to drink plenty of water prior to getting tattooed.
• Exfoliate and moisturise – exfoliating and moisturising routinely in the coming days before your appointment will benefit greatly. It helps the stencil stay on much easier and generally makes the whole process much smoother, which is a plus for everyone!
• Sun burn – If you know you’re going to be out in the sun days before your tattoo appointment, WEAR SUN CREAM!! You are not stronger than the sun! We cannot tattoo on sunburnt or peeling skin, and why would you want us to, as if it didn’t hurt enough already!
• Cleanliness – if you know you have a dentist appointment, you brush your teeth beforehand, it’s just a given. The same principal goes for a tattoo appointment. We’re going to be up close and personal with whichever body part for sometimes, a very lengthy period of time, so please make sure you’re clean and smelling good.
• Sugary drink – as always, I’d recommend bringing a sugary drink with you to your appointment. During summer time the studio can get hot, and you may find yourself needing it more than you normally would.
A lot of this advice is pretty self explanatory and can be applied to all year round, but it’s better to be safe than sorry!
Happy sunbathing (In sun cream)!